- Meat Thermometer
- Turbo Trusser Chicken
- One whole duck 5-7 lbs.
- Favorite Rub - We used Meat Church Holy Voodoo and Meat Church Gospel.
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup whiskey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp hot honey
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer uncovered and remove from heat.
- Keep it warm or reheat when ready to glaze.
Smoked Duck Instructions
- The day before remove duck from packaging and set on a rack over a cookie sheet in the refrigerator. This will help to dry out the skin for maximum crispiness.
- Set duck out to come to room temperature at least one our prior to cooking.
- Preheat smoker to 350 degrees.
- Cook duck at 350 for the first hour.
- At one hour increase temperature to 425-450.
- With approximately 30 mins remaining glaze the duck with the warm glaze. Do this three times.
- Remove and enjoy. Finished temperature varies by preference. We cook our ducks to 160 in the breast.