Jamaican Jerk Whole Chicken
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp all purpose seasoning
1tsp chopped ginger
1 tsp olive oil
3-4 tablespoon Walkerswood Traditional Jamaican
Jerk seasoning – spicy or mild
- Rinse chicken and remove any innards and pat dry with paper towels
- Clean inside with vinegar or lime juice
- Pat dry chicken with paper towel then add all seasoning and olive oil
- Brush jerk chicken sauce over entire chicken and under skin over the breast and inside the cavity of the chicken.
- Let marinate in refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Attach the Turbo Trusser to the chicken and put in a roasting pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place roasting pan in the oven on the middle rack.
- Cook bird to a minimum of 165 degrees
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes, remove Turbo Trusser, carve, plate over