- Deep fryer
- Turbo Trusser (turkey)
- Meat thermometer
- Peanut oil
- 12-14 lb. Turkey (Brined or not brined)
Note: Store bought turkeys are usually already brined and fresh turkeys from a butcher
usually are not. When brining a store bought turkey it can be a little salty.
When deep frying any turkey, brined or not, make sure your turkey is thawed and completely dry before lowering the turkey into the hot oil. You do not want any oil and water mixing in the hot oil and can cause an explosion.
1. Heat oil in deep fryer to 400 degrees F
2. Remove giblets and pat the outside and inside dry
3. Put in the refrigerator overnight to dry completely
4. Remove turkey from fridge and let sit out for 30 minutes to one hour.
5. Put turkey rod through the neck hole on the turkey
6. Install the Turbo Trusser over the rod and hook legs and wings
7. Slowly lower turkey into hot oil and cook 3-5 minutes per pound
8. When Turkey reaches 165 degrees F remove from oil
9. Set on baking pan and let rest for 15 minutes
10. Remove Turbo Trusser and turkey stand